October 23, 2012, Chicago, IL – The Mortgage Bankers Association announced J. David Motley, CMB, president of Colonial National Mortgage in Fort Worth, Texas, as chairman of its 2013 Residential Board of Governors and William Emerson, CEO of Quicken Loans Inc., Detroit, as vice-chairman.
MBA made the announcement here at its 99th Annual Convention & Expo.
RESBOG is the governing body for MBA’s single-family residential members, responsible for establishing legislative and regulatory policies and positions on residential lending issues.
“Dave and Bill are veteran industry leaders and have the vision critical to developing MBA’s residential policy positions and shaping the direction of our regulatory and advocacy efforts,” said MBA Chairman Debra Still, CMB. “They will have a lot on their plates as our industry continues to face tremendous attention from policymakers, but they are the right leaders at the right time and I Iook forward to working with them.”
Motley and Emerson presently sit on MBA’s Board of Directors and both have been active MBA members and served on various committees. Motley is formerly vice chairman of RESBOG and was a member of MBA’s Council on Residential Mortgage Servicing for the 21st Century, while Emerson has been a member of MBA’s Repurchase Working Group in addition to being a member of RESBOG.
MBA also named the newly elected members of RESBOG. New members are:
- Enrico Arvielo, New American Funding, Corona del Mar, Calif.
- J. Lynn Beckstead, CMB, Security National Mortgage Co., Salt Lake City, Utah
- Rich Bennion, HomeStreet Bank, Seattle
- Teresa Bryce Bazemore, Radian Guaranty Inc, Philadelphia
- Matthew Kerin, Flagstar Bank FSB, Newington, Conn.
- Jamie Korus, Alliance Financial Resources LLC, Phoenix
- Jerome Lienhard, SunTrust Mortgage Inc, Richmond, Va.
- Michael Malloy, Bank of America Home Loans, Calabasas, Calif.
- Jeffrey May, Cherry Creek Mortgage Co. Inc, Greenwood Village, Colo.
- Mary Ann McGarry, Guild Mortgage Co., San Diego
- Kurt Noyce, Embrace Home Loans, Middleton, R.I.
- Susan Stewart, SWBC, San Antonio, Texas
Continuing members of RESBOG are:
- Steve Abreu, GMAC Mortgage Operations, Fort Washington, Pa.
- Jon Baymiller, NYCB Mortgage Co., Cleveland, Ohio
- E. J. Burke, KeyBank Real Estate Capital & Corp. Banking Services, Cleveland, Ohio
- Don Calcaterra Jr., CMB, AMP, Towne Mortgage, Troy, Mich.
- Garry Cipponeri, Chase, Iselin, N.J.
- Bill Cosgrove, CMB, Union National Mortgage, Strongsville, Ohio
- William Emerson, Quicken Loans Inc., Detroit
- Stewart Larsen, CMB, Bank of the West, Omaha, Neb.
- Robert Lewis, Fifth Third Mortgage, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Philip Mahoney, American Security Mortgage Corp., Charlotte, N.C.
- Marla Mayne, U.S. Bank Home Mortgage, Scottsdale, Ariz.
- William McCue, McCue Mortgage Co., New Britain, Conn.
- Michael McQuiggan, Tri-Emerald Financial Group, Lake Forest, Calif.
- Samuel Morelli, CMB, WestStar Mortgage Inc., Chadds Ford, Pa.
- David Motley, CMB, Colonial National Mortgage, Fort Worth, Texas
- Mary O’Donnell, Westcor Land Title Insurance Co., Winter Park, Fla.
- Kurt Pfotenhauer, First American, Oakton, Va.
- Patrick Sinks, Mortgage Guaranty Insurance Corp., Milwaukee, Wis.
- Debra Still, CMB, Pulte Mortgage LLC, Englewood, Colo.
- Eric Stoddard, Wells Fargo Home Mortgage, Laguna Niguel, Calif.
- James Timmons, Universal American Mortgage Co., Miami
- Gregory Tornquist, Cenlar FSB Ewing, N.J.
- Dena Yocom, CMB, imortgage.com Inc., San Diego
MBA’s Residential Committee Chairs serving on RESBOG:
- Financial Management: Terry Schmidt, CMB, Guild Mortgage Co., San Diego
- Legal Issues, Quality Assurance and Regulatory Compliance: Carol Dubie, Wells Fargo, Philadelphia
- Loan Administration: Ray Barbone, BankUnited, Miami Lakes, Fla.
- Residential Loan Production: William Dyson, Citibank NA, Ofallon, Mo.
- Secondary and Capital Markets: Julie Messina, CNN Mortgage, Scottsdale, Ariz.
- State Legislative and Regulatory: Julie Piepho, CMB, Cornerstone Mortgage Co., Houston
Source: MBA NewsLink, October 23, 2012 by John Mechem